Having fun outdoors has never reached such high levels until the development of trampolines as a home entertainment means. Although at first, they seem dangerous, you should know that the most reliable models are designed with safety in mind so that they can even be used by children of all ages. In case you are convinced that you need one in your backyard, here is a selection of the top-rated jumping trampolines for home use.
- Top 5 Outdoor Trampolines Comparison
- Exterior Trampolines Reviews
- Particularities to Know About
- Downsides and Dangers
- Classification and Categories
Top 5 Outdoor Trampolines Comparison
|1. Super Jumper Combo 14′||2. Skywalker Trampolines 15′ Jump N’ Dunk||3. Exacme TUV Approved 14′||4. Merax 14-Feet Round||5. Giantex Combo Bounce Jump 14′|
|[affiliate id=”122_1″]||[affiliate id=”122_2″]||[affiliate id=”122_3″]||[affiliate id=”122_4″]||[affiliate id=”122_5″]|
|Frame Height||35” from the ground||39” from the ground||8’6” total||10’8” total||31.5” from the ground|
|Enclosure Net Height||107”||N/A||5’6”||N/A||6′|
|Colors Available||Blue||Blue, Green, Red, Camo||Blue||Light Green||Blue|
|Jumping Mat Material||Polypropylene, UV protected, non slip||Polypropylene, UV protected, non slip||Polypropylene, UV protected, non slip||Polypropylene, UV protected, non slip||Polypropylene, UV protected, non slip|
|Frame Material||Rust resistant galvanized steel||Rust resistant galvanized steel||Rust resistant galvanized steel||Rust resistant galvanized steel||Rust resistant galvanized steel|
|Net Material||Woven polyethylene mesh||Woven polyethylene mesh||Woven polyethylene mesh||Woven polyethylene mesh||Woven polyethylene mesh|
|Construction||N/A||Reinforced T-brackets||12 balanced contact points||N/A||N/A|
|Maximum Load Capacity (lbs)||286||200||398||330||375|
|Enclosure Entry System||Zipper||Zipper and latch clip||Zipper||Zipper and buckles||Zipper|
|Safety Pad Material||UV-resistant PVC||UV-resistant PVC||PE+PVC||PE+PVC||Padded PVC|
|Number of Springs||80||96||96||88||N/A|
|Number of Legs||4||6||6||6||4|
|Age Group||6y up||3y up||5y up||3y up||12y up|
|TUV, TUV GS||ASTM Safety||ASTM, TUV, GST, UV||N/A||N/A|
|Frame Warranty||5 Years||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||N/A|
|Other Parts Warranty||Mat 3 years, Pad 0.5 year, Spring 1 year||90 days||90 days||1 Year||N/A|
Trampolines are great for both adults and children because they are fun make a great outdoor play. You will easily get the hang of how to jump on it and once you overcome your fear, you will be able to perform acrobatic movements in the air. For that, you will need a reliable model designed with safety and durability in mind, and picking one involves a thorough research. The following article will help you get a better understanding of the details that make good trampolines.
Exterior Trampolines Reviews
Super Jumper Combo 14′
We have selected this model as the best trampoline to buy because it’s manufactured by a popular brand that knows how to offer a great price-quality ratio. The Super Jumper Combo is available in 5 sizes from 4.5 feet to 16 feet and this particular one has a 14′ diameter and a 35” height from the ground. It’s a round a model that can hold up to 286 pounds and has an enclosure net that measures 107” high, being suitable for children of age 6 or more. The entire frame sits on 4 U-shaped legs that provide stability and prevent tilting. There is no drilling required for assembling it and the springs tool is included so you can easily set it up. The ladder isn’t included and neither is a basketball hoop. You will be impressed by the 5-year warranty on the frame and the 3-year one for the mat or the 1-year warranty for the springs.
The jumping mat is made of a non-slip polypropylene that can be left in the sun without any risk of damage. Customers also state that leaving it outdoors in the cold season hasn’t affected it either so we can say it’s an all-year-round product. It should be, considering how large and bulky it is, not necessarily heavy at 110 lbs, but uncomfortable to move. The frame made of galvanized steel that resists rust contributes to its durability. The impressive number of 108 springs made of zinc-plated steel hold the mat in place and ensure a sturdy jumping surface. The springs are located inside the net and are covered with a safety pad made of PVC although it would have been much better if they were placed outside the net. Also, the net doesn’t close on every spring to eliminate gaps so a small child could fall in between the gaps, although these cases are rare.
Even though it’s a trampoline, it has been created with smart features in order to meet your expectations. In addition to this, it also ensures that your children will be safe. This model is a great product because it’s so safe that you can leave your children alone to enjoy the activity. These are some of the innovative features:
- Safety Net Enclosure – The enclosure net is made of woven mesh with small holes and has a zipper entry system for easy getting in and out. It ensures that in case your child jumps high, they will be kept inside of the net. It’s impossible for them to jump out and hurt themselves
- UV Protective Mat – You do not have to protect it from the sun in the summer because the mat will not lose its efficiency over the years. In addition to this, you do not have to purchase a protection cover. Leave it out for as long as you wish
- Mesh Net – This is a safety feature which ensures that your children’s fingers and toes will not be caught in the net. It also has a safety pad that covers the springs. Thus, the kids will be fully protected from cuts and bruises whilst using this model
The frame is made of the strongest galvanized steel that is resistant to impact and provides structural stability. Rust will not affect the steel so you can peacefully leave it outdoors in rain or snow and it will not suffer any damage. The 80 springs used in manufacturing this product are 6.5” thick and are made of zinc-plated steel that is also rust-resistant so the unit will last for many years to come. Due to all of this, this model is classified as a all-year-round trampoline. You do not have to worry about excess water or humidity or the hot sun. Your children will be able to enjoy whenever they feel like it and the weather permits it.
Skywalker Trampolines 15′ Jump N’ Dunk
The second best is the Jump N’ Dunk designed by Skywalker Trampolines. The 15-feet model relies on a reinforced T-brackets construction that guarantees a stable structure at every joint so that you will be safe while using it. However, it’s the only model that comes with both a basketball hoop and a ball so the kids will certainly love playing on it. Even though it’s not required by the law, the company thoroughly test each trampoline before it goes onto the market in order to ensure safety and durability.
Given that the enclosure net is on the inside type meaning it’s placed to the inside of the springs’ edge, this construction was in demand to prevent twisting of the upper side. The enclosure net also features a no-gap design as it closes on every spring to remove gaps. This is done by attaching the net at each spring. Thus eliminating any hazard points and openings. Some of the design features are:
- Frame – The frame is lifted 39” from the ground and you will have to purchase a ladder to be able to get on and off the trampoline
- Legs – The product stands on 6 W-shaped legs that are the most stable and can handle the large diameter
- Material – The same quality materials were used in manufacturing the pad, the mat, and the net as in the first model so you will enjoy the same durability and safety
- Springs – The 96 6.5”-thick springs are also covered by a pad that is available in 4 attractive colors, namely blue, green, red, and camo
Safe and Secure
As you may already know, safety is the number one priority when it comes to this company. Nothing can go past their strict safety regulations. Thus, each trampoline created is made by real people and not machines. Some of the safety features are:
- Weight Limit – It’s important to know that it can only hold people as heavy as 200 pounds and that it’s designed for one person at a time
- Toddlers – There’s nothing stopping the children from having fun by themselves. Although children age 3 can be accompanied by an adult
- Padded poles – The upright foam-padded poles will add stability. Each one is angled at the top to keep the enclosure net away from the poles for increased safety when jumping. As well as, each one is padded to ensure minimum impact in case somehow your child bumps into it
Warranty and Support
There’s no hiding the fact that this brand has one of the best warranty policies on the market.It’s certified by the ASTM and comes with a 3-Years warranty for the frame and 1-Year for all the other materials. In order to benefit from this policy, you have to remember to take care of it properly. Do not expose it to extreme weather conditions such as storms and do not let your dog chew the materials. If all of the expectations are met, the company will either replace or fix what’s broken.
Exacme TUV Approved 14′
This model caught our attention specifically because its name specifies that it’s an approved product that complies with the most important safety standards. The Exacme that measures 14 feet in diameter is a heavy-duty model that is very high compared to other models, which is why it comes with a 3-step ladder. The jumping mat is made of the same UV-protected and slip-resistant polypropylene and the net is a woven mesh that keeps you safe inside the jumping area. The warranty, however, is not as satisfying, with only 1 year for the frame and 90 days for the other parts like the mat or the springs.
The rust-resistant galvanized steel construction will ensure that it lasts for many years to come. The safety and durability are simply not matched by the competitors. Since it’s a known fact that zippers are just as used as the jumping mat, the company has increased the longevity of each zipper. The reinforced netting and the wide-tooth zipper will prevent jamming. In order for it to last for many years, you have to ensure that you’re not dragging it from one side. There must be around 3 people for the trampoline to be safely moved.
Thanks to the 12 balance points construction and the galvanized steel frame and safety poles, the item is capable of withstanding weighs nearly 400 pounds, which is the highest in our top. Some of its particularities are:
- Enclosure – The enclosure is an outer type that surrounds the springs as well, more precisely 96 pieces that measure 7” thickness
- Pad – The blue pad covers the springs to prevent accidents and hits
- Legs – With the 6 W-shaped legs, you can rest assured knowing that nothing can tilt it over
As you already know, the ladder is made from heavy duty and galvanized steel. In addition to this, the frame cover is created from PE and PVC. This means that it’s able to resist under the bright sun. Furthermore, the mat is made from polypropylene and the steel tubes are deep galvanized. This shows how durable and resistant the product is. Fortunately, the product comes with all the important certifications, proof that it’s a highly qualitative trampoline. You will be thoroughly pleased to know that you will receive in the package the safety pad, enclosure net, ladder, and an instruction manual at no extra price.
Merax 14-Feet Round
Next, in line, we have the Merax Round that measures 14′ in diameter, being also a large and bulky model. Also, it can withstand weighs 330 lbs so it can be a great entertainment means for adults and children alike. The enclosure net in this one is an intra type so the springs are conveniently located on the other side of the net. The fact that the ladder is included is a great plus of the product as it provides a safe way of climbing up and down this tall trampoline. And with the solid 6 W-shaped legs, stability is guaranteed. As for accessories, a basketball hoop and a springs tool are included. The warranty lasts for 1 year for every part, including the frame, which is not necessarily the best provided but neither is the worst. We couldn’t find any information on the certifications that accompany this item.
With a total height of 10 feet and a light green cover pad for the springs and the poles, it will certainly stand out in your backyard. It can be safely used by small children age 3 due to the non-slip jumping mat that is tightly secured to the 88 solid springs. Some of its features are:
- Legs – There are 6 W-shaped legs with 12 balance point. This means that it’s far more stable and secure than the majority of the models
- Springs – The 72 heavy gauged springs will ensure a superior balance even if you have the product for numerous years without taking proper care of it
- Net Poles – In order to ensure balance and safety, the net poles have been designed longer than usual
The no-gap enclosure makes sure kids won’t slip in between the gaps and creates almost a sealed jumping surface with the zipper and buckle closure to prevent accidents. The entire frame is made of rust-resistant galvanized steel, including the 4-step ladder, so the construction is a solid and robust one. Some of its particularities are:
- Safety Certified – You will be pleased to know that the legs aren’t only TUV certified, but also have GST tested
- PE Netting – The netting has a high density so you can put your mind at ease as your children will not fall through
- High Weight Capacity – The product has a high weight capacity of 300 pounds. This means that it can support even more than one child
The pad is made from 0.6” thick EPE closed-cell foam inside in order to be shock absorbent. Therefore, even if there are falls and tumbles, the child will not get hurt. As well as, the material around the zipper is reinforced in order to ensure that the zipper doesn’t rip even if it’s constantly used. As well as, it’s also wide-toothed so it doesn’t get jammed. In addition to this, it’s very easy to set up and it doesn’t require professional help.
Giantex Combo Bounce Jump 14′
A final recommendation comes from Giantex and is the Combo Bounce Jump that measures 14 feet in diameter. The item weighs 200 pounds, being one of the heaviest ones available, with a 6′ high enclosure net and a 31.5” distance from the ground. Luckily, the manufacturer has also included a 3-step ladder in the package so you can rest assured about getting on and off the bouncer. The galvanized steel frame along with the solid polypropylene mat can handle users of 375 lbs, thus strengthening the idea that this is a heavy-duty product. The woven polyethylene mesh net is placed outside the springs that are covered with a padded PVC safety pad that prevents hits. There are 4 U-shape legs to support the frame and the age group is only 12 years up, so it’s not a product designed for small children. It doesn’t come with a basketball hoop or ball and unfortunately, we couldn’t find any information on the warranty or the certifications, so we aren’t able to compare it to the previous models. However, the great customer reviews made us choose and review it.
Particularities to Know About
A trampoline is a jumping surface that creates tension and manages to propel your body up at high levels by using an elastic surface like rubber. Most trampolines have an edge made of springs that hold the elastic surface very stretched thus making you bounce whenever you jump on the surface. The shape can be round, oval, or square and the size ranges from 4 feet to up to 16 feet. Conventional trampolines include a number of legs directly proportional to the size of the jumping surface so that they will offer stability and safety in use. The height of the legs also differs based on the diameter of the jumping mat so that it will not pose a risk to the user’s safety.
Depending on the size and the construction, these items are used for a series of activities that combine fun and exercising. However, there are also some disadvantages of these products so you need to be aware of every detail before purchasing one.
Downsides and Dangers
- Although the fun extends the problematic side, you must know that these items also bring a series of disadvantages that can often be seen as dangers thus limiting the use of jumping trampolines. By far, the biggest downfall is the fixed shape that makes them impossible to fold and store elsewhere when not in use. Once you install the trampoline, you must keep it installed over the time you intend to use it because it can’t be folded and reinstalled at a later time because it would imply plenty of time. The rigid structure also takes a lot of space, especially if you choose a bigger model.
- Another drawback is the complex structure that involves coils that require strength when installing the item. Although these springs are usually covered with a safety pad, they can be dangerous while jumping due to the hard steel used to manufacture them. If the model has an intra enclosure, this risk is eliminated because you will not get in contact with the springs while jumping. Also related to the springs is the downfall of increased manufacturing costs as well as potential maintenance in case they are broken over time.
- An added disadvantage is the limited jumping surface that is minimized to the central part of the jumping mat due to the rigidity of the springs. In shorter terms, although you choose a model with a 14-feet diameter, you will only be using a 10-feet or less jumping surface as the edges cannot be used as a jumping surface.
- The little ones are the most endangered when it comes to jumping and bouncing as they don’t rely on the same balance and movement coordination as adults. As such, children should always be supervised because the entire structure can pose a risk to their safety.
Classification and Categories
The shape doesn’t differ much from one type to another, being the same bouncing surface held by springs and supported by poles and legs. What differs are the size and the use of each type, making them more appropriate for a certain activity or age category.
The large ones are the regular size you see in stores and that provides a combination of relaxation and exercise. The diameter starts at 4 feet and can reach up to 16 feet if you plan to get a model that can hold multiple family members. The height of the enclosure net also exceeds a few feet, being bulkier products that require at least two adults for the installation process.
This category is designed for children and is significantly smaller in size, ranging from 32 to 60 inches, in general. They are safe to use by children and are incredibly easy to install and store, requiring far less space.
Often, this category is considered to be the mini category due to the small size. However, rebounders are training devices that are used during exercise routines and can be paired with a series of accessories like handrails or elastic cords that engage more muscles into the process.